SMART makes every effort to accommodate requests to use SMART buses in movie and television projects being filmed in the area. Requests from production companies need to be submitted to the Marketing Department at least two weeks prior to filming for consideration. Contact SMART’s Film Coordinator, Toni Toth at (313) 223-2349 or by email. Filming is not allowed on SMART buses that are in service without written permission from the Authority.
Please be prepared to provide the following information with all initial requests:
- Name and address of production company
- Copy of the script
- Number of vehicles and drivers requested
- Date, time(s) and location(s) of vehicles requested (4 hour minimum)
- Contact names and numbers for parties responsible for contracts
- Basic description of how each bus is to be used in each scene
We will contact you within 24 hours of receipt. A pre-production meeting/conference call will be scheduled with the organization and SMART staff to discuss the project. Upon approval of SMART management, a signed agreement and proof of insurance must be submitted before equipment or personnel can be scheduled.