Join the SMART team! Opportunities for bus operators, mechanics, coach service and shelter attendants are available,
and you can complete an application, secure an interview and get hired the same day. The career fair is hosted in
partnership with Oakland County Michigan Works! and is open to all job seekers in the Wayne, Macomb and Oakland
county communities. Which means you’ll also have access to information about services Michigan Works! offers to
help eligible job seekers get to day one on the job.
Oakland County will grant applications for $1,200 childcare scholarships.
Oakland County Michigan Works! service centers will determine whether an
individual is eligible for the childcare scholarship. Criteria include:
• Oakland County resident.
• Returning to work or pursuing a post-secondary degree or credential
• Impacted by COVID-19.
• Either 300 percent of the US Federal Poverty level or eligible for specific
• In some cases, the individual must also be housing insecure, food insecure
For more information on the Oakland County Childcare Scholarship program,
SMART will help you obtain a CDL:
• Experience desired but not required.
• 8 weeks of training provided – $16.50 during training, $19.11 upon successful
completion of training.
• Customer service skills.
• Trained by experienced SMART staff.
Contact MSP-CRD-CSAAUTOMATIC@michigan.gov to learn about eligibility
for the Clean Slate Program and other career and employment assistance.
The MiWorks! service center assists more than 105,000 job seekers annually.
• Services include career coaching, interviewing and job search workshops,
placement assistance, training courses and job trend information.
• The MiWorks! service center staffs remain available by appointment to work
one-on-one with job seekers to build their resumes, prepare for job interviews
and help address other needs to schedule a meeting, call 248.858.5520
and select the office nearest to you. The service centers are hosting
several virtual workshops for job seekers. A schedule can be found at