Download an ADA Application
How to apply?
- It’s easy to apply! The application for ADA Paratransit Certification must be filled out and signed by you or an authorized individual.
- On the Release of Information document, please indicate who will fill out your Professional Verification form.
- SMART may contact the professional to clarify information.
- The Request for Professional Verification document must be completed and signed by a state licensed medical professional, rehabilitation specialist, or social worker who has documentation of your disability. Under the Health Information Policy Act (HIPPA), your medical information remains confidential.
- Return the completed forms to:
The Buhl Building
Attn: ADA Office
535 Griswold Street, Suite 600
Detroit, MI 48226
- ADA certification determination is made within 21 days of receipt of the application
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 offers you the right to appeal any determination that indicates you are not eligible for ADA Paratransit service or any conditions that may have been placed upon your use of the service.
- Notice of Right to Appeal
Questions? Call (313) 223-2100 and ask for the ADA Coordinator.